A simple 3-step process gets you started
Step 1: Free 20 Minute Phone Consultation
Once you contact us, we will schedule you for a free 20-minute consultation to better understand your goals and any questions that you may have about what to expect in therapy with us. Then, based on your needs, you will be matched with one of our fully-licensed therapists.
Step 2: Paperwork
Next, you will receive electronic intake and consent forms to fill out prior to your first appointment – that means no printing, no scanning, no emailing required – just fill, e-sign, and submit!
Step 3: Meet Your Therapist
Last but not least, we will schedule you to meet (online-only during the COVID-19 pandemic) with your therapist for the very first time. Basically, we work hard to keep the beginning of our relationship hassle-free, and we hope you’ll find it simple, too.
Do you take insurance?
We are out-of-network providers and consequently do not take any insurance. However, depending on your current health insurance benefits plan, it may be possible for your services to be covered in full or in part. While we do not participate directly with any insurance providers, we do provide you with an insurance appropriate form on a monthly basis called a “superbill” to submit to your health insurance provider for reimbursement.
If you plan on using your out of network reimbursement benefits, we recommend that you contact your health insurance provider and ask the following questions:
- Do I have out-of-network coverage?
- Does my out-of-network health insurance plan include mental health benefits?
- What dollar amount or percentage of each psychotherapy session is reimbursed or covered? These codes may help you:
- Initial/First Intake Appointment: CPT Code 90791
- Ongoing Weekly Appointments: CPT Code 90834
- How many outpatient mental health or psychotherapy sessions per calendar year are covered by my health plan?
- Do I need a pre-approval, pre-authorization, or referral from my primary care physician in order for services to be covered?
Can I get help with insurance reimbursements?
We have heard very good feedback from our colleagues about a company called Reimbursify. For a small fee, Reimbursify will file your insurance claim forms and keep track of your reimbursements – all easily done through their app. Evidently, you can upload your claim form in “under a minute,” and they take care of the rest for you.
Please note that Cohesive Therapy NYC has not directly worked with Reimbursify and is not affiliated or promoting their services in any way. This information is provided explicitly for informational purposes. Please contact Reimbursify with any questions relating to their services.
What are your rates?
- The fee for 50-minute weekly sessions for individuals with our fully-licensed therapists is $200.
- The fee for extended 75-minute individual or couple’s sessions with our fully-licensed therapists is $250.
Payment, Cancellation, and No-Show Policies
We offer a number of payment options that include cash, check, HSA, FSA, debit, and major credit cards.
Cancellation and No-Show Policy
Your time is incredibly valuable to us, so we ensure that we set our time aside with no other distractions or overlapping client bookings. As a result, we’ve implemented the following policies for our clients to follow:
- If you are unable to attend a scheduled session, please make sure you cancel at least 48 hours beforehand by text or email.
- Failure to provide a 48-hour notice from the time of your scheduled appointment will consequently result in a $75 cancellation fee.
- No-shows will be charged the full-rate session fee.
If you have any more questions, feel free to contact us today.