A panel hosted by Everyday Health and Tippi TV to discuss the challenges of three individual IBD patients who are similarly dealing with different disease-related challenges. Listen in as Karen Conlon, LCSW (from Cohesive Therapy NYC), Gastroenterologist Dr. Partha S. Nandi, IBD Patient Advocate Tina Aswani Omprakash, and acclaimed Pastry Chef Miro Uskokovic address these challenges and correspondingly provide actionable recommendations and tips!
Danielle DiCamillo, LCSW from Cohesive Therapy NYC teaches us one of the many ways in which trauma and anxiety can manifest in the body and teaches us breathing exercises that can be applied accordingly in practically any setting.
Different types of anxieties require different techniques altogether. All things considered, here are some tips for you.
Equally important, if doing telehealth from home, here are some tips on helping to keep privacy.
Publications and Research
- Gorbenko K, Conlon K, Keefer L. Adherence to medical and medication treatment in ulcerative colitis: what do resilience and disease acceptance have to do with it? A Qualitative study. Qualitative Health Research Conference. Poster. Vancouver, BC. 2019.
- Keefer, L., and Conlon, K. J. (2020). Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Approaches To GI Conditions”. In Psychogastroenterology for Adults A Handbook for Mental Health Professionals (1st ed., pp. 201–215). New York, NY: Routledge.
- Gorbenko,K., Conlon, K., Siganporia, T., Mendelev, E., Keefer, L. Understanding the Link between Resilience and Attitudes towards Medication in Patients with Ulcerative Colitis: a Qualitative Study. Academy Health Annual Research Meeting, Washington, D.C. https://academyhealth.confex.com/academyhealth/2019arm/meetingapp.cgi/Paper/32428.
- Keefer, L., Washington, J. P., Thomas, N., Mendelev, E., Lazio, P., Tse, S., … Dubinsky, M. (2018). Mo1910 – Gaining Resilience Through Transitions in IBD[Gritt™ -IBD], a Subspecialty Outpatient Medical Home is Feasible, Acceptable and Associated with Positive Outcomes in Year 1. Gastroenterology, 154(6). doi: 10.1016/s0016-5085(18)32874-9
- Keefer, L., Washington, J. P., Manning, L., Conlon, K. J., Thomas, N., Lazio, P., … Dubinsky, M. (2018). Mo1815 – Validation of the Gaining Resilience Through Transitions [Gritttm-IBD] Score: A Tool for Clinicians to Stratify Patients Based on Need for Team-BasedMultidisciplinary Care. Gastroenterology, 154(6). doi: 10.1016/s0016-5085(18)32779-3
Cohesive Therapy NYC Featured Articles
Why Your Mindset Is Everything (According To 9 Experts)
By Martin Caparrotta, Human Window
What Doesn’t Kill You: A Life with Chronic Illness, Lessons from a Body in Revolt
By Tessa Miller (pre-order available)
Everything You Need to Know About How Stress Can Impact Your Gut Health
By Colleen de Bellefonds, Well and Good
Crohn’s Disease: Inspiring Stories, Top Crohn’s Experts, and Tips that Make all the Difference
By Everyday Health and TippiTV
Chronic Illness Can Make it Hard to Trust Your Body
By Brittany Risher, the Paper Gown
How to Find the Right Mental Health Practitioner
By Colleen de Bellefonds, Oshi Health
Is it Anxiety or Stress? How to Tell the Difference
By Emily Willingham, Oshi Health