If you’re a therapist who wants more… We are always looking for knowledgeable and talented clinicians to join our team. As a practice, we strive to offer our clients a variety of options for treatment. Clients can tailor their therapy based on the clinician’s personal style and the type of treatment itself. To learn more about who we are and what we do, click here.
“Great company culture is like a great cup of coffee… you can always turn to it when your day needs a little boost.“
Karen Conlon, LCSWFounder, Cohesive Therapy NYC
We are actively seeking talented, educated, and progressive individuals to join Cohesive Therapy NYC.
Cohesive Therapy provides integrated psychotherapy services to adults who experience anxiety and depression.
Professionals in this organization are trained in various treatment modalities to help address the problems and goals of its clients. Specialties include chronic illness, digestive disorders and diseases and treating the effects of trauma.
Being part of a group practice gives you the opportunity to be an independently licensed psychotherapist within a strong community of clinicians.
- Masters degree minimum
- Reside or able to work from within New York State
- Licensed in the state of NY (LCSW, LMSW, LMHC, MHC-LP) with no past or pending license grievances)
- New Jersey licensed a plus, but not required
- Must have proven CBT experience for anxiety and basic trauma treatment experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with adults in a psychotherapy setting.
- Comfortable and experienced in treating 18+ age range demographic
- Starting out as a newly fully-licensed clinician or seasoned clinician looking to learn something new but do not want the costs and intricacies associated with running a private practice (You do not currently have your own private practice or are starting one.)
- Open to beginning part-time with room to grow into full-time within an estimated 3-6 month time range
- Able to work up to seeing 15 clients minimum to start
- Ability to consistently attend weekly or bi-weekly training and/or case consultation meeting
- Interested in the integrated care model where we collaborate with other providers (as allowed by our clients)
- Very comfortable using technology and apps to communicate within the team and with clients
- Organized and detail oriented
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial
- Independent, driven, collaborative, and enhance our fun, connected and positive minded
Cohesive Therapy NYC can offer you:
- Aesthetically pleasing and comfortable office space in a convenient location for transportation
- Virtual Assistance for help with calls and scheduling
- Specialized Training and Consultation will be provided in the following areas:
- Training in a highly specialized area of Pyschogastroenterology and how digestive disorders relate to trauma
- Psychosocial aspects of treating chronic illness, specialized training in IBD, IBS and GI functional disorders
- Anxiety treatment (top-down and bottom up approaches)
- Adult attachment issues resulting from childhood emotional neglect or trauma: Psychoeducation, impacts on personal and interpersonal functioning, attachment-based psychological and physiological responses to stress and anxiety.
- Ongoing CBT consultation in following areas: GI issues, anxiety, depression, big T and little t trauma-focused, sleep hygiene
- $40-50/per session, depending on licensure level
- Administrative pay rate for approved non-client work such as trainings
- Annual training stipend
- Weekly individual supervision
- Group supervision consultation
We have formed a community of like-minded people who strive for a common goal – to help others by continuing to strive to be the best version of our clinical selves as possible. If that sounds like YOU, reach out via the form linked below.
Before You Join Our Team, Get To Know Us!
Our Team – Here you can read more about the clinicians currently on staff with Cohesive Therapy NYC. You will find more in-depth descriptions of our approaches, specialties, and personalities. We each bring something different to the table, and this helps us be a more well-rounded practice.
Specialties – Across our team, we have a wide array of specialties – from anxiety disorders, to GI related issues, we cover a lot of bases. We are always looking to add more specialties to this list and would love to hear what you have to offer!
Services – Currently our office offers Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT), Brainspotting, Online Therapy, Consulting, and more.
Blog – Here, we discuss things from meditation and mindfulness to anger management and everything in between. We keep up with this blog consistently, and it’s a great way to read more about our clinicians and the way they practice.